Believing that by our own Baptism and Confirmation we are commissioned to be the loving presence of God on earth, Youth Ministry at St. Linus Church is committed to:
- Leading teens to finding and developing their spiritual gifts
- Providing opportunities to aid in the spiritual, intellectual and psycho-social growth and development of youth
- Fostering the gifts and dignity of each young person
- Nurturing Youth in knowledge and love of the Catholic faith
- Providing an environment to explore prayer, worship and scripture study
- Encouraging healthy self-esteem
- Advocating love, peace and justice as the Catholic Christian way of life
- Guiding responsible decision-making in ethical and lifestyle choices
- Advocating for Youth in our parish
- Calling forth the gifts and talents of Youth
- Inviting Youth to be of service to their Church and their community
- Walking with Youth on this journey of faith
A Comprehensive Youth Ministry and Confirmation Process begins with a team of adults, young adults and youth formed ministry. The components utilized are:
Catechesis, Advocacy, Worship, Guidance and Counseling, Justice and Service, Community, and Enablement.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Bible Study
- Liturgy Planning and Mass Participation
- Prayer Workshops, Faith Sharing, Leadership Training
- Yearly Retreats
- Service Projects involving parish and civic communities
- Social Activities
- Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Discussion Sessions on Current Topics
Activities are required for Youth preparing for Confirmation, but are open to all Youth.
Ministry is done by a team of adults and young adults who possess a mature Catholic faith and who have committed themselves to helping teens discover the presence of God through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to initiate, teach, nurture, and support the gospel of Jesus according to the framework of the Catholic youth ministry, Renewing the Vision. We endeavor to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in the world today, to draw Youth to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the Catholic Church, and to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of the young people in our faith community.
Youth Ministry Goals
- Youth Ministry seeks to draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the faith community
- Youth Ministry works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person
- Youth Ministry empowers young people to transform the world as disciples of Jesus Christ by living and working for justice and peace
The 5:00pm Mass on Sundays is always the Youth Mass. However, the schedule for all other meetings and gatherings varies so please call the Youth Room, (562) 921-6252, or the Parish Center, (562) 921-6649, for more information.